Sunday 11 July 2010

Excitement Is Building

Still about two hours to go before the World Cup Final kicks off. I've just been down to the shop to get some supplies in, having decided to forsake the atmosphere and dodgy viewing angles of being crushed in a bar somewhere, and watch it at home in the company of MamaDuck and possibly one or two mates.

The main street is full of people wearing red-and-yellow shirts, shorts, flags and caps, and most of the cars going past are adorned with Spanish flags and all seem to have developed the same malfunction of the horn (the one that goes beep beep, beep-beep-beep, beep-beep beep-beep, beep-beep).

Prediction? 3-2 to Spain. And my Dutch sister-in-law agrees. However it turns out, I don't really mind. Even if the Netherlands win, it's been a sensational ride. But let me just say this:



¡ES - PA - ÑA!

2 comments:

weboo said...

Hello!!!
I'm glad you are enjoying the world cup and you are with Spain. I too hope they make it to the end, I've read your profile and you said you are a writer, At this moment I'm looking for a english writer in Madrid. I wanted to leave a personal e-mail, but I don't how, is there a way we can talk???

Keef said...

@weboo: keefieboy at gmail dot com