Thursday 16 April 2009

Lost For Words

Lost for words. Not often that happens to me. I've been wanting to get out and take some photos of my new barrio to delight you with. But for the last two or three days we have seen the return of winter. Cold, windy, overcast, raining quite a bit and even a minor hailstorm a few days ago. So, it hasn't been great photography weather. Okay, I know you can take great photos in any kind of weather, but for these shots I want yer actual blue sky and sunshine. Ah well, it will come.

Apart from that, I haven't been blogging much because I've been Authonomising too much. You know about Authonomy.com, because I've told you. You've forgotten? Oh, well it's publishers HarperCollins' automatic self-filtering slushpile for aspiring authors. My current book, Tybalt & Theo, is doing quite well. It's bobbing up and down between 30 and 40 on the all-time popularity chart. But it's a real effort to keep it there: you have to read and comment on 4-5 books a day just to keep still (virtually the only way you can get anyone to read your work is for you to read theirs). It's quite hard work.

And we haven't completely sorted out the new flat yet: I'm threatened with an evening of putting up pictures and wall-hangings and stuff.

Normal service will be resumed...eventually.

No comments: