Sunday 24 February 2008

The Damned Book Tag

Chevy Girl and Half Man Half Beer both tagged me with this, so here goes.

1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages

The actual nearest book is 'Hugo in 3 months Spanish'. I had not previously realised what an illiterate title this is. This might turn out to be a bit dull.

2. Open the book to Page 123 and quote the 5th sentence.
'No quiso abrir la puerta.'

3. Post the next 3 sentences.
'He didn't want to open the door.
Estuve enfermo dos meses.
I was ill for two months.'

4. Tag 5 people.

It seems like all my Dubai buddies have been tagged, so with apologies to Brits and Estadounidenses in Spain:

South of Watford

The Bad Rash

Colin Davies

Leftbanker

And to Deepak in India, no apologies, I know you'll love this:

Deepak Morris

7 comments:

Grumpy Goat said...

Keefie, you seem to have missed a perfect opportunity to quote from Xanadu-du!

Keef said...

Goatboy, I admit, I did pick up the dummy copy that I made: page 123 only has two sentences on it. But if you continue onto the next page, you get:
'She decided not to go directly home, but to head for the market place, and buy some food if there was any left.'

And then:

'As she entered the market place, the town crier rang his bell and yelled "Oi, you lot! Listen! The Titles of the tribe of Xan have gone missing. I repeat, the Chief, the Griot, and the Poisoner have not been seen for the last two days."

Deepak Morris said...

Bah, humbug and all that rot. If you really want to see the celebrity list I've tagged (they will NEVER forgive me), head over to Bloggy Howl. Or dm01.blogspot.com , as the web knows it.

Deepak

Colin Davies said...

K,

I'm reluctant to show my ignorance but what does it mean that I've been tagged? Should I be happy about it? I suspect so but have already today been confused by the important news that Blue-Ray has defeated HD format, when I don't know what either of them are . . . . This is even worse than not knowing any of the contestants for British Music Awards.

Keef said...

Colin: you should be delirious! I tell lies. Tags are like blogospherical chain letters. They seem to be in short supply here in Sapin. Feel free to do it or not, as you like. Blu-ray, HD-DVD - same old stuff to me: wait for the winner and then figure out whether there's a reason to buy either. Brit Awards? Clueless.

leftbanker said...

I am currently reading a Spanish translation of Richard Price's Freedomland that I picked up in hardback for 3 euros. I like reading translations of stuff I've read because I know the story and it's a lot easier. Nothing interesting happening on page 123.

As for the DVD war going on, I'll just use the old technology until they figure it out.

Graeme said...

The problem is in our relatively small community of overseas bloggers in Spain that we will all end up tagging the same people. They do exist in Spain, and are quite common, but like everything else they have to have their own word for it ;) - meme in this case.