Friday 22 February 2008

Learning Spanish II [Aprendizaje Español Dos]

You know I was doing Spanish classes two nights a week up until Christmas? Well, I didn't go back after Christmas because I was broke and I wasn't that keen on the teacher. Recently I've started a new arrangement. A friend of ours is teaching me Spanish, and in return I help her with her English. She's actually pretty fluent already, but needs to work on her accent, pronunciation and the more obscure bits of the English language. I'll have her talking like a Northerner in no time.

When we first arrived in Madrid we went to an 'intercambio' a couple of times. This is an informal social gathering of random people from pretty much everywhere and the idea is that you talk to people who speak the language you are learning. It's good fun but I stopped going because it clashed with my class. We went last night and had a great time.

Also, I was searching the web for a site that would test my knowledge of verb conjugations. I couldn't find one, so I've started to build one. You can play with the beta version at testmyspanish.info/verbdriller.asp. Don't click any of the links: they ain't working yet!

No comments: